Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 7


Ayda's right--we're only human. And to be human means we have to laugh at our mistakes. Like when I decided the other night to dye my hair black. And walked around with long lank hair that prompted a friend to kindly proclaim that I was goth-chic. Since I was normally pegged as a boho hippie, this was horrifying news. So horrifying that I hurried home after work, dropped all my bags, and ran straight for the hairdresser around the corner. "Shoulder-length, please," I said. Or so I thought. Perhaps it was the language barrier or perhaps I actually forgot to mention how many inches of hair I wanted to be lopped off (stranger things have happened), but I wound up with chin-length jet black hair that, when blown dry and styled, looked exactly like Severus Snape's. Luckily, once my hair was washed and left again to my own inept devices, I looked like myself again instead of a certain good-but-disguised-as-evil professor. So now I can laugh about it. And marvel at how my roommate (who frequents the same stylist) and I have the same hair! We match!

No comments:

Post a Comment