Monday, November 28, 2011

New Beginnings

So I recently started a new job (right around the corner from Thanksgiving? how appropriate..:)) I have been looking for a job for the past couple months so I am feeling extra thankful right now. In fact, last night as I went to bed I had trouble falling asleep just thinking about going to work and felt a big rush of excitement.

I am curious and eager to learn from this new experience and am looking forward to meeting lots of new people. This is a short-term job placement and part of my job consists of me traveling to other sites doing psycho-educational evaluations on students who are severely handicapped. Although I know how much work I have ahead of me, I am motivated and grateful at the opportunity to do this work. I am grateful that I get to do something that I am passionate about. I am also excited because I know I will be doing things I haven't done before and therefore there are new opportunities to learn. I am happy for the chance to learn and grow.

Since I graduated in May 2010, I have had trouble finding a permanent position in a school district. I have now worked at three different short-term placements and each placement has been challenging in its own ways. The past year and a half has not been easy to say the least but I really believe it has helped me to become more proficient in my career. I haven't had the luxury to get comfortable or lazy and because of this I am better able to adapt. I truly believe that each experience has been a stepping stone and is leading me to where I want to be professionally. As I start this new job, I am ready to be challenged and look forward to working hard because I know I can only benefit from the experience. I want to be great at what I do and I welcome any challenge that will help me to advance in my career.

With that said, wish me luck!!!! Cheers to work ....and to a busy but enriching holiday season! :)

-Ayda

"From the withered tree, a flower blooms." - Zen Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment